Jump to navigation Jump to search
Prior to that, he was:
- 1988: nominated by President Reagan to become an Associate Judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
- 1993: nominated by President Clinton to become the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.
- 1997: nominated by President Clinton to serve as Deputy Attorney General, the number two position in the US DoJ
- briefly Acting Attorney General under President Bush pending the confirmation of Attorney General John Ashcroft
- -2008: a litigation partner for Covington & Burling, handling "complex civil and criminal cases, domestic and international advisory matters and internal corporate investigations." 
- Operation Fast and Furious: a scandal during the Obama-Biden administration in which Holder was involved
- 2011-12-06 Irony and the Rule of Law, Part 1: an excerpt "from a speech by Eric Holder to the American Constitution Society shortly before he was named Attorney General by then-President-elect Barack Obama, waxing eloquent about the vital importance of the rule of law
- 2012-03-12 [http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/03/12/holders-idea-of-due-Eric Holder gave a speech the other day and addressed the issue of whether the president has the authority to order the killing of an American citizen if he determines that the individual is aiding terrorists abroad. And he makes a distinction between due process and judicial process..."