Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is a collection of euphemisms, in case it turns out to be useful. Perhaps interesting discussions will ensue.
- Euphemisms are a form of rhetorical deception.
The List, by term
- cognitively challenged: stupid
- faith-based (Bush Jr. administration): requiring no rational justification; current policy
- politically correct (mostly a liberal/academic usage, now somewhat out of favor and used largely in jest): in line with our favored ideology
- politically incorrect (same usage as "politically correct"): racist, sexist, or discriminatory against any favored minority
- reality-based (Bush Jr. administration): not in line with our current policy
- truth enhancement: lying
The List, by definition
- agreeing with our opinion: "politically correct", "faith-based"
- contrary to our opinion: "politically incorrect", "reality-based"
- lying: truth enhancement
- stupid: cognitively challenged
List of satirical euphemisms
- vertically challenged: short