< FaithJump to navigation Jump to search
- belief without tangible evidence
- There is plenty of evidence to support the belief that Jupiter is a planet orbiting the sun, even though you can't sit down and watch it happen while you drink your coffee. Its path isn't obviously circling anything (since Earth is in the same orbital plane), and it takes many years to complete an orbit. Others have nonetheless spent the time to make those observations and mapped out what the orbit must look like -- and their conclusions have been cross-checked by countless other pieces of evidence (e.g. the fact that we can send probes to where we think Jupiter is, and they do in fact arrive).
- belief without direct evidence
- belief without any evidence
- belief that goes against the evidence