< GodJump to navigation Jump to search
Attributes most commonly assigned to the family resemblance category "God" include the following:
- God's mortality (is God still around, still active?)
- God's omniscience (does God know everything, or are God's perceptions limited?)
- God's omnipresence (is God everywhere at once, or does God have a specific location?)
- God's omnipotence (can God do anything? If he can do "anything" can he violate the laws of logic as well as physics, e.g. "Can God make a stone so heavy that he can't lift it, and then lift it?")
- God's gender (is God a He, She, or It?)
- The nature of God's historical interaction with humans (which of the stories about God are true, which are true-in-spirit as parables, and which are myths or distortions? Does God have a personality, and if so what is it like?)
- The nature of God's current interaction with humans (is God "still speaking", as some churches believe? Can individuals talk directly to God?)
- The importance of humans from God's perspective (Does God care about humanity? If so, does God care about us as individuals, or just as a species?)
- Does God have specific wishes for humans?
- Does God punish those who do not obey God's wishes?