Guns don't kill people
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The implied argument is that preventing gun violence is best done by changing human behavior, not by preventing people from owning guns – and that therefore gun regulation is a bad idea.
- This is why we are trying to regulate people, not guns.
- We want mandatory safety lessons for people, not guns.
- We want more thorough background checks for people, not guns.
- We want stricter negligence penalties imposed on people, not guns.
- By a strange coincidence, people without guns are very unlikely to shoot anyone either.
- People without guns don't kill people nearly as easily.
- Guns don't kill people; people with guns kill people.
- "If guns don't kill people, then why do we give people guns when they go to war? Why not just send the people?" -- attributed to Ozzy Osbourne