Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kathleen "KT" McFarland has been named deputy national security adviser to the Trump administration, after a long career in Washington politics:
- 1970-76: in the West Wing of the White House "working her way up to become a member of Henry Kissinger's National Security Council staff."
- Reagan administration (dates unknown): member of the Senate Armed Services Committee staff
- 1982-1985: speechwriter for Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger
- Reagan administration (dates unknown): Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs and Pentagon spokesperson.
Wikipedia has sources for all of these.
Conservapedia: no information as of 2016-12-11 SourceWatch: only a passing mention as of 2016-12-11
- 2016/11/25 [L..T] Trump fills White House counsel and deputy national security posts "President-elect Donald Trump on Friday named a libertarian election lawyer as his White House counsel and a hard-line former Reagan administration official to a top post on his national security staff."