Jump to navigation Jump to search
A moral code is a set of rules or guidelines which expresses the practical upshot of the values in a moral system.
This is a growing seedling article. You can help Issuepedia by watering it.
List of Codes
- The Code of Hammurabi was created in approximately 1760 BC, and is one of the earliest sets of legal or moral codes; earlier codes exist, but are not as completely known.
- The US Constitution is arguably a moral code for the US government to follow, in addition to being the supreme law of the United States
- Wombat morality (Digger):
- Don't hurt people if you can avoid it.
- Don't steal stuff unless you're starving or it's really important.
- Work hard.
- Pay your bills.
- Try to help others.
- Always double-check your math if there are explosives involved.
- If you screwed it up, you need to see it gets fixed.
- Don't eat anything that talks.
- If it doesn't fall under one of those categories, just do the best you can.