(Redirected from Solar panel)Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are two major forms:
- /photovoltaic, i.e. "solar cells"
- /heat engine, aka "concentrated solar power"
- /concentrated: solar power can be concentrated either for use in a /heat engine or to drive certain types of photovoltaic
- Solar power uses enormous amounts of water: Except for heat engine plants, this is the opposite of the truth.
- Conservapedia "solar power is not very efficient, giving much less energy than oil. Many liberals have tried to force solar power onto many areas, despite the fact that it would be very costly and would be much more inefficient than oil, for example."
dKosopedia: no information as of 2014-04-25
- SourceWatch redirects to sourcewatch:Solar energy as an alternative to coal
- 2014-04-03 [L..T] Energy breakthrough uses sun to create solar energy materials "Researchers have discovered a way to tap the sun not only as a source of power, but also to directly produce the solar energy materials that make this possible. This breakthrough could make the sun almost a 'one-stop shop' that produces both the materials for solar devices and the eternal energy to power them."
- 2014-03-22 [L..T] Solar Power Is A Huge Water Saver (World Water Day Infographic)
- 2013-07-16 [L..T] With Citizen Buy-in, German Village Generates 5X Renewable Energy It Needs
- 2011-05-27 [L..T] Water Use May Decide Future of Centralized Solar Power "Nuclear and coal may be big offenders, but wet-cooled concentrating solar power uses even more water per MWh of electricity generated. Dry-cooled CSP cuts water consumption significantly, but it's still far more than solar power from photovoltaics (or wind power)."
- 2010-04-16 [L..T] Solar power in Ontario could produce almost as much power as all U.S. nuclear reactors, studies find "Solar power in southeastern Ontario has the potential to produce almost the same amount of power as all the nuclear reactors in the United States, according to two new studies."