(Redirected from Sustainable power)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Renewable Energy Technology Resource Maps and Technical Potential for the United States (PowerPoint, 2012)
- 2014/05/27 [L..T] This silent, zero-emissions electric plane could be the future of sustainable air travel "One of the first public demonstrations of energy efficient air travel took to the air last week at the Berlin Air Show, in the form of a fully electric airplane."
- 2014/04/23 [L..T] [[2014/04/23/An extremely short guide to vehicle emissions|]]
- 2014/02/13 [L..T] Why a small German village bet big on renewables "Regardless of debate about the success of Germany's renewables revolution, there is no denying that a small town in the corner of rural eastern Germany, 40 miles south of Berlin, may be one of the best examples of decentralized self-sufficiency. Feldheim (population 150), in the cash-strapped state of Brandenburg, was a communist collective farm back when Germany still was divided into East and West. Now it is a model renewable energy village putting into practice Germany's vision of a renewably powered future."
- 2013/10/12 [L..T] Despite what you may have heard in the press, Germany's transition to renewable power has been a stunning success. Energy analyst Chris Nelder runs down the facts. "Major English-language media have been propagating a false narrative about the stunning success of Germany's transition to renewable energy: the Energiewende. To hear them tell it, the transition has been a massive failure, driving up power prices, putting Germany's grid at risk of blackouts, and inspiring a mass revolt against renewables. Nothing could be further from the truth."
- 2013/07/16 [L..T] With Citizen Buy-in, German Village Generates 5X Renewable Energy It Needs
- 2012/03/09 [L..T] A Power Grid of Their Own: German Village Becomes Model for Renewable Energy "The tiny village of Feldheim, some 60 kilometers southwest of Berlin, was catapulted by chance to the forefront of the renewable energy movement. Now visitors from around the world are flocking to this otherwise unremarkable rural community to see if they can replicate its success."
- 2011/08/21 [L..T] German Village Produces 321% More Energy Than It Needs! "Not only has [ Germany ] announced plans to shut down all of its nuclear power plants and started the construction of 2,800 miles of transmission lines for its new renewable energy initiative, but now the village of Wildpoldsried is producing 321% more energy than it needs! The small agricultural village in the state of Bavaria is generating an impressive $5.7 million in annual revenue from renewable energy."
- 2011/05/27 [L..T] Water Use May Decide Future of Centralized Solar Power "Nuclear and coal may be big offenders, but wet-cooled concentrating solar power uses even more water per MWh of electricity generated. Dry-cooled CSP cuts water consumption significantly, but it's still far more than solar power from photovoltaics (or wind power)."