Steel-frame building collapses
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is for gathering data on collapses of steel-frame buildings.
- 2009-08-03 Implosion Goes Wrong, Building Rolls Over: video of what was apparently a failed controlled demolition: instead of collapsing, the building literally rolled off its foundation, intact. Mirrors: LiveVideo
- 2009-07-02 Building collapse kills one worker in Shanghai: was this steel-frame? At that height I would think it would have to be, but the article doesn't specifically say (nor does any steel infrastructure appear visible in the photo). Protrusions in photo on pages 3-5 might be steel structural elements...
- 2008-09-28 Building Topples Onto Another (video)
- 2001-09-11 (see 9-11/anomalies/collapse)
- 911Research: building collapses
- The McCormick Place Roof Collapse: "The Most-Cited Example of a Fire-Induced Collapse of a Steel Structure", but it's a totally different kind of building (short, with a large footprint) and the outside walls survived intact.
- 1995-06-29 The Sampoong Department Store Collapse: insufficient data, but building was known to have been poorly constructed and inadvisably modified
- 1987-04-23 L'Ambiance Plaza "Cited as an Example of Total Progressive Collapse": 16 stories. Substantial recognizable pieces of the building are visible.