Talk:Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid
General Comment on this article
This is my first post that shows clearly some of the poor public debate that is occuring. I'm very open to try to get to the bottom of any of the book's claims or the critism. Being new to Issuepedia I'm not sure should be the best title for this article. - User:Jsrrts
Hello, Jsrrts, and welcome to the site! The title of this article seems basically fine; It should probably have the same capitalization as the book's title, but that's a minor quibble and can be taken care of at any point. In general, as long as the book's title isn't likely to need disambiguation, it can be the article's title as well.
We should probably have a books category, too, as there are a couple of other books I'm half-planning to post about.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions, or just post! :-) --Woozle 08:36, 2 January 2007 (EST)
- Hi Woozle, I love the idea of a books category.
- Yes on the title, I guess it should be "Palestine Peace not Apartheid".
- The book in it's own references to itself (cover etc.) has "PALESTINE PEACE NOT APARTHEID", not very helpful.
- On the page near the front that has the edition, printing & library information (does this have a specific name?) under Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data it has "Palestine peace not apartheid / Jimmy Carter." On the page before where it lists books also by Jimmy Carter it has the style that will give "Palestine Peace not Apartheid". I've updated the title.--Jsrrts 12:35, 2 January 2007 (EST)
- I've added the books category. I also did some heavy reformatting on the article to clarify what was being quoted, etc. and to take advantage of some of the handy-dandy templates I've created for such purposes, as well as links to relevant Issuepedia pages in a few places. Let me know if anything doesn't look right. I mainly focused on the Dershowitz section; the others could probably use some more attention, and I'll probably get back to them eventually. --Woozle 13:52, 2 January 2007 (EST)
- Thanks Woozle. I like what you're doing with the formating, I'll fix the rest of it up.--Jsrrts 17:45, 2 January 2007 (EST)