Jump to navigation Jump to search
There have been efforts to hinder scientific progress and destroy scientific knowledge ever since the dawn of science at the end of the Middle Ages. This is generally because science obsessively seeks the truth, which ultimately empowers individuals and tends to upset existing power structures – especially those of organized religion, where the reins of power depend heavily on unquestioning belief in unprovable or patently false information.
Sometimes it is a disorganized, diffuse effort; at other times, it can be more focused and flare up into an outright war on science.
This is a growing seedling article. You can help Issuepedia by watering it.
- Direct creation
- Geocentrism: you thought it went out with the middle ages, but it's back!
- Moving-Earth DECEPTION! (or is it a parody?)
- Wikipedia: Modern geocentrism
- redirect template:links/smw
- 2007-08-15 The age of endarkenment
- 2006-06-05 Rogue Scientist Has Own Scientific Method