What about Africa/debate
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Pretty much everyone in the US is in the top 33% globally. Also, pretty much everyone who has a computer is in the top 5% globally.
- What conclusion is this arguing against?
- Anti-taxers only apply this argument selectively.
- Objector only raises this claim where Pro-Taxer is not rich.
- This implies an unequal burden, i.e. the Pro-Taxer must empty their wallet before any rich people would need to contribute, rather than each contributing according to their ability.
- The principle of next-rung assistance tends to maximize income inequality.
- The states' bias towards inflation increases income inequality.