- link: http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2011/07/airport-security?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/knowntraveller
- date: Jul 16th 2011 23:58
- title: headline::Will you be a "known traveller"?
- source: The Economist
- summary: lead paragraph::Earlier this month, the US Travel Association released the results of a survey that found that 45 percent of respondents would pay a fee of "up to" $150 for a background check and verification program that would allow them to speed through airport security. On Friday, America's Transportation Security Administration announced that this Fall, it will move ahead with a plan to test just such a program.
- topics: airport security Transportation Security Administration