- link: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/05/our-national-debt-shall-not-be-questioned-the-constitution-says/238269/
- source: The Atlantic
- title: headline::Our National Debt 'Shall Not Be Questioned,' the Constitution Says
- In a time that increasingly resembles the Great Depression, Congress shouldn't play politics with raising our debt ceiling
- summary: For the Obama administration to adopt the broad reading of Section Four would be bold (and I hasten to say I don't expect them to do it); but it would hardly be unusual in the recent discourse of presidential power--especially the Republican party's theory of the presidency.
- date: 2011-05-04 7:00 AM EST
- author: Garrett Epps
- topics: 2011 US debt ceiling