Jump to navigation Jump to search
- link: http://www.ajc.com/news/jaywalkers-take-deadly-risks-527488.html
- title: Jaywalkers take deadly risks
- Pedestrians make life, death decisions to cross suburbs
- type: in-depth
- when: 2:48 pm May 14, 2010
- source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- author: Ralph Ellis
- summary: Jaywalkers have migrated to the suburbs. They venture across four- to eight-lane roads, often not using crosswalks, pausing on the raised medians or the middle “suicide lanes” to look for a break in traffic as cars whiz by. Sometimes the crossings end tragically, as it did last month for a young mother who watched her 4-year-old son killed in the road."
- topics: jaywalking Raquel Nelson homicide conviction public transportation bus stops victim-blaming blogosphere bad design pedestrian fatalities
The article mentions another case in which the victim's mother was blamed.
|2011/07/27/1058/link||18 July 2011||Prosecuting the victim, absolving the perpetrators|
- 2011-07-18 [L..T] Prosecuting the victim, absolving the perpetrators