(Redirected from 42nd US Presidential administration)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Won the 1992 presidential election against George H.W. Bush (R) and H. Ross Perot (I), 1992-11-03, winning the electoral college vote by a wide margin despite having only 43% of the popular vote, which was nonetheless the largest portion due to the substantial three-way split.
- Assumed office in 1993 (date?)
- Balanced the budget
- The 1994 Balkan Intervention restored peace to the Balkans
- ...which has lasted to this day
- ...and generated much good will towards the U.S. 
- The Political Battle over Modernity part V (David Brin) highlights many of Clinton's stronger points, and starkly contrasts his administration with GWB's
- "a government so well run that JD Powers gave Gore a special award for efficiency, increasing productivity while reducing the non defense payroll for the 1st time in 80 years... reducing secrecy for the first time in 50... the first administration (despite GOP bluster) to have ZERO officials indicted for actual malfeasance in the execution of their public duties" 
- Made contingency plans which later became the 2001 Invasion of Afghanistan
- The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
- The wikipedia:Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act
- Compares favorably to the next administration: Bill Clinton vs. George W. Bush
- involvement in the 2008 financial meltdown
- The "don't ask, don't tell" policy on homosexuality in the military
- The North American Free Trade Agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico
- The Clintons were involved in a questionable real-estate deal prior to Clinton's presidency; this fact became the subject of an investigation and scandal. The Clintons were cleared of any wrongdoing, despite intensive scrutiny.
- commentary at the Asheville Global Report criticizes Clinton's handling of Iraq during the later years of his administration
To be researched
- Is this article related to what the Globalist article is about, or what? Is the 1994 article even substantially accurate? Need a clearer understanding of what happened in the Balkans and what Clinton's role (and the U.S.'s role) actually was.
- 2005-10-12 The Latest Data: Percentage Changes in Real Discretionary Spending for LBJ, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, and Bush