Jump to navigation Jump to search
The notion of black-on-black violence, as well as that of black-on-white violence, is often raised by elements of the political Right in order to distract attention away from the far more prevalent problem of white-on-black violence.
- 2020-03-04 Homicide is a 'devastating plague' on black communities, and it is time we stop ignoring it: sounds iffy and academic-elitist to me
- 2015-05 The Police and Public Discourse on “Black-on-Black” Violence (PDF) "The term “black-on-black” violence, while statistically correct, is a simplistic and emotionally charged definition of urban violence that can be problematic when used by political commentators, politicians and police executives. To the vast majority of urban black residents who are not involved in violence or criminal behavior, the term invokes visions of indiscriminate and aggressive police enforcement responses applied to a broad range of black people. The term also seems to marginalize serious urban violence as a “black problem” that, in the minds of some black residents, may only receive a cursory response or, worse yet, be ignored by police departments entirely."
- 2014-11-25 Let's talk about black-on-black violence by Leonard Pitts Jr.
- 1983.20 "Black on Black" Crime: The Myth and the Reality(~$; SciHub)
- 1983 Black-on-Black Homicide - A Psychological-Political Perspective - points out that "Blacks have been indoctrinated by a criminal justice system which places higher value on a white life than on a Black life."
- 2018-06-14 The Biggest Lie in the White Supremacist Propaganda Playbook: Unraveling the Truth About 'Black-on-White Crime'
- 2007-08 Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report: Black Victims of Violent Crime (PDF)