Concerned Women for America
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Concerned Women for America (CWA) is a rabidly anti-gay, pro-patriarchy organization. It was founded in 1979 by Christians opposed to the Equal Rights Amendment, and is heavily involved with funding from the Koch brothers. It was for some years run by a man, Matt Barber.
The Southern Poverty Law Center has classified them as a hate group for many years.
- 2020-06-23 Stand With Female Athletes!
- (date??) Erasing Women – the Equality Act Dangerous Consequences
- (date??) Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act: abortion is infanticide
- 2011-11-03 NYC: Sex Ed, STDs and OWS: appears to oppose HIV testing and favor abstinence-based education, among other things
- 2008/02/28 [L..T] Announced project proof of 'gay agenda,' says DC activist “Matt Barber, policy director for cultural issues at Washington, DC-based Concerned Women for America, says the project puts to rest the notion that there is no "gay agenda." He says the homosexual lobby is committed to infiltrating the executive branch with people who define their identity based on changeable, sexually deviant behavior.” As Box Turtle Bulletin points out, his singling out of the "gay agenda" for attention while neglecting any mention of the anti-gay agenda of groups such as Focus on the Family shows that they too have an agenda.