Connections to Bush Iraq Lies Study
It is widely claimed in neoconservative circles that a study published by the Center for Public Integrity (CPI) and funded by the Fund for Independence in Journalism (FIJ) was funded by Soros. No evidence seems to be presented for this connection, however, other than links which do not pan out. "The Center for Public Integrity is one of many George Soros fronts," says hotair.com. Michelle Malkin refers to CPI and FIJ as having "ties to BDS sugar daddy George Soros." Yet neither CPI nor FIJ are among the many organizations listed in the article about Soros on the right-wing Discover the Networks site.
It may well be that Soros has connections with the CPI and/or FIJ, but what is it, exactly, that causes those on the right to believe that this is the case? If true, what point does it make?
- listing at Discover the Networks, a project of the right-wing David Horowitz Freedom Center
- 2014-04-03 [L..T] Billionaire George Soros behind major push for marijuana legalization "Advocacy groups are leading the campaign to crush marijuana prohibition from coast-to-coast, and 83-year-old Soros is helping line the pockets of those making that push."
- 2009-02-21 [Talk|Index] Soros sees no bottom for world financial "collapse" § “Renowned investor George Soros said on Friday the world financial system has effectively disintegrated, adding that there is yet no prospect of a near-term resolution to the crisis.”
- 2008-01-23 [Talk|Index] AP Reports 'Bush Lied' Study Funded by Ultra-leftist George Soros § “Well, the AP has done it again. They have given us leftist propaganda and painted it as news.”
- 2005-04-12 [Talk|Index] Soros Shadow Party Stalks DeLay § “On the day that Terri Schiavo died – victim of a court order condemning the brain-damaged woman to death by thirst and starvation – Representative Tom DeLay of Texas did what few politicians have the courage to do these days. He spoke his mind.”