< InternetJump to navigation Jump to search
Anonymous is a peer-based organization which began in 2003 on 4chan, an internet forum. While most of their operations appear to be directed against private web sites, they have also acted as citizen infrastructure.
AnonOps is a group which is clearly associated with Anonymous but has also stated that it is not the same thing as Anonymous. The degree of overlap is uncertain -- and perhaps somewhat irrelevant. Possibly "AnonOps" is simply a way of referring to active operations of Anonymous (and the individuals involved with those operations), as opposed to general support services such as web sites, forums, and chat networks.
- /OpBlitzkrieg (Facebook EtherPad: targets, flyers, tools...)
- /OpEgypt - Wikipedia
- /OpIran - Wikipedia
- /OpTunisia - Wikipedia
- /OpSouthernland (AnonNews: collecting supplies, equipment, and skilled labor to help clean up after the 2011 tornado outbreak, in cooperation with Presstorm's Operation Cleanup
These seem to change very rapidly, so some links may not work:
- messages from admins
- news site
- Operation Metal Gear wiki, where /Operation Metal Gear has to do with opponents using software (a) for mass sockpuppetry, or (b) to seek personal information about Anonymous contributors
- #OpNewBlood: introduction to Anonymous for potential new members, posted no later than 2011-05-04
- Domains controlled by "rogue" Anonymous contributor "Ryan" (who appears to be identified here) as of 2011-05-09:
- 2011/07/07 [L..T] headline::AntiSec: Anonymous hackers show Orlando Police taking food from hungry children
- 2011/05/03 [L..T] Yes, you should join Anonymous “despite [Anonymous's] somewhat ironic transparency, there remain a few points of misunderstanding that we encounter when it comes time to recruit [...] I've composed the following FAQ by which to address those myths along with common questions and concerns that we often encounter.”