Kiwi Farms (KF) was an online fascist-leaning harassment community which engaged extensively in targeted trolling, doxxing, SWATting, stalking, and other terroristic activities which resulted in at least three suicides by those targeted. In September 2022, CloudFlare finally opted to de-platform them, which led to a series of events culminating in KF's owner, Josh Moon, apparently deciding to give up on the much-reviled project.
- 2022-09-21~ The Internet Archive reportedly de-lists its KF archive, as it was full of toxic information
- @DropKiwifarms in response to someone rage-farming that this helps KF: «No, the archives were deleted because kiwifarms used it to store enough personal info to allow identity theft, including home address, dob, ssn, phone numbers, names, and more. You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting otherwise, Archives did the right thing, sicko.»
- 2022-09-19~ Hackers reportedly break into KF servers, release staff information to public, and delete the data (presumably KF has a backup somewhere, though)
- @NattieForsyth «Apparently hackers hacked and deleted Kiwi Farms, after releasing every users staff status, ban status ban reason, password, and email to the public.»
- 2022-09-05 Josh Moon, owner of KF, throws in the towel
- @erininthemorn «Josh Moon, the owners of Kiwifarms, admits defeat. Keffals, her team (many of whom will stay anonymous and will never get any thanks), the trans community, and it’s allies took down the worst site on the internet. / There truly is nothing better in this world than Nazis crying.» Moon's Tor post is shown in a screenshot -- and he tries to make this sound like a corporate victory over individualism, when the corporations involved resisted taking any action as long as there was a profit to be made and KF consistently acted to crush individuals. reality inversion
- Deplatforming KF apparently also deplatformed a neo-nazi group based in NZ
- KF appears to have resurfaced in Russia, where they will probably get along splendidly with the local despot.
- @FrankFigliuzzi1 «The American based Internet forum Kiwi Farms, responsible for the suicides of at least 3 of its stalking and harassment targets, just switched to Russian servers. They could easily become an increased threat of domestic terror here: [image showing DDoS geolocation stats]»
- https://akko.disqordia.space/objects/566090cc-f298-45aa-b3df-a62008969a51 - but their Russian domain seems to be down...
- 14:40 @keffals «The company that provides Kiwi Farms with captchas for user security has dropped Kiwi Farms.»
- 2022-09-03 Cloudflare blocks KF sites from using their services
- Cloudflare: Blocking Kiwifarms: announcement
- «Finally, we are aware and concerned that our action may only fan the flames of this emergency. Kiwifarms itself will most likely find other infrastructure that allows them to come back online, as the Daily Stormer and 8chan did themselves after we terminated them.» However, it has been pointed out that these sites are now very difficult to find on the web, as they have to keep changing domains.
- @keffals: Our statement on Cloudflare dropping Kiwi Farms: one of the primary organizers of the #DropKiwiFarms campaign; NBC describes her as «trans Twitch streamer who has been a target of abuse by Kiwi Farms users.»
- NBC: Internet services company Cloudflare blocks fringe message board Kiwi Farms citing 'targeted threats'
- Ben Collins (co-author of the NBC report):
- Sunday Times: Bigots hound trans streamer forced to hide out in Belfast: the story of the campaign
- Chloe Sagal
- 2018-06-22 Woman who set self on fire in Portland park remembered as 'brilliant and tortured' artist «Friends say Kiwi Farms followers harassed her on a variety of platforms. A friend who chose not to give his name, fearing repercussions from Kiwi Farms, said her livelihood and mental stability were destroyed by the attacks.» «"One factor that made it much harder for her to get help was that whenever she talked about suicide," [...] Kiwi Farms members "would report her Facebook page and get it locked down. This had happened multiple times in the month prior to her death."»
news (to file)
- 2022-09-09 My life is in danger. I need your help. (video, 6:03, Keffals)
- 2022-09-08 The End of Kiwi Farms, the Web’s Most Notorious Stalker Site$
- 2022-09-02 A trans software engineer is trying to keep Kiwi Farms offline with new Australian internet powers (h/t) «Kiwi Farms operates using an IP address leased to an Australian shell company by the regional internet address registry the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC). Kiwi Farms is operated by American company 1776 Solutions LLC. This company uses IP space assigned from Australian company Flow Chemical Pty Ltd, which does not appear to use its delegation of addresses for anything else.»
- 2021-06-29 The Worst Site on the Web Gets DDoS'd After Being Connected to Prominent Developer’s Suicide «The alleged attack comes after the site was implicated in the recent suicide of Near, a beloved developer in the emulator community.»
- 2016-07-19 Kiwi Farms, the Web’s Biggest Community of Stalkers