- /American: the brand of libertarianism found mainly in the US
- Facebook: Anti-Humanitarians: is this serious, or a Poe? If it's serious, it would seem to be a logical extrapolation of libertarian ideals.
- Libertapedia (wiki)
- 2007-09-28 [L..T] Floating Utopias "Since 2003, a colossal barge called the Freedom Ship, of debatable tax status, should have been chugging with majestic aimlessness from port to port, a leviathan rover with more than 40,000 wealthy full-time residents living, working and playing on deck. That was the aim eight years ago when the project first made headlines, confidently claiming that construction would start in 2000."
- 2009-04-28 [Talk|Index] The right floats off to Neverland. No girls allowed! § “Thiel could use his leverage as a donor to combine the Seasteading Institute with the Methuselah Foundation and create a make-believe island where girls aren't allowed to vote and where nobody ever has to grow up. Call it Neverland.”
- 2008-12-11 [Talk|Index] 150 years of Libertarian § “This year, 2008, marks the 150th anniversary of the use of the word "libertarian" by anarchists.”
- 2008-05-13 [Talk|Index] Science Doesn't Trust Your Rationality § “Scott Aaronson suggests that Many-Worlds and libertarianism are similar in that they are both cases of bullet-swallowing, rather than bullet-dodging...”
- 2006-04-20 [Talk|Index] The Grand American Consensus § “Both libertarians and anarcho-socialists might agree upon a vague, distant goal, and further agree that contemporary American culture is decadent, corrupt, and requiring desperate surgery if that ideal tomorrow is ever to be reached, but they disagree over the nature of the operation needed. Meanwhile, a third point of view – again sharing the same notion of utopia – suggests that radical intervention may be the last thing that's needed.”
- 2006-03-12 [Talk|Index] The Ultimate Goal § A single question for determining someone's political ideology: “If you had your way, and your revolution succeeded, what would the world of your great-grandchildren be like, in a hundred or two hundred or a thousand years?”
These may be talking about /American libertarianism:
- 2013-05-03 Definition of a Libertarian: some examination of libertarian arguments
- Are you a Real Libertarian, or a ROYAL Libertarian?
- What's wrong with libertarianism