|Political Ideology Portal|
This page is intended as a catalog or index of existing political ideologies.
- Political ideology currently redirects here; it should eventually be a separate page discussing the concept rather than different examples.
- Belief in a particular moral system is usually the basis for (or a strong component of) an individual's agreement with a particular political ideology.
- The habit of assuming that all political ideologies can be simply evaluated as falling somewhere along a one-dimensional "left-right" axis is generally misleading and historically arbitrary. Other political ideological axes have been proposed, generally using two or more dimensions, and it seems likely that at least four dimensions will be necessary in order to avoid significant ideological conflation.
- mysticism: intuition important, observation unimportant
- nihilism could be defined as a very low value assigned to human understanding (further implying that neither intuition nor reason has much value either)
- Wikipedia (Ideologies of parties): a list of political ideologies, broken down by main ideological emphasis
Note: things are showing up in this list which shouldn't be there. I have to check the code and figure out what's going on. --Woozle 10:55, 24 September 2009 (UTC)