Operation Fast and Furious/2012/09/21/HF
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- URL: http://blog.heritage.org/2012/09/21/morning-bell-5-ways-fast-furious-tarnishes-eric-holders-justice-department-2/
- Title: 5 Ways Fast & Furious Tarnishes Eric Holder's Justice Department
On 2012-09-21, the Heritage Foundation, an US conservatist think-tank, issued a statement regarding the Horowitz report on Operation Fast and Furious. Their primary findings were:
- The report singles out top Department of Justice officials for wrongdoing.
- The report appears to contradict sworn testimony by Attorney General Eric Holder.
- The report faults top Justice Department leadership with failing to adequately respond to the murder of an American border patrol agent.
- The White House refused to disclose any internal communications to the inspector general.
- The report fails to consider evidence that a top DOJ official knew the department misled Congress.
The only point on which HF argues that the report itself is negligent is item #5; HF does not appear to give any credence to the gun-control theory.