Sousveillance refers to the idea of turning surveillance upside-down, as it were (using the French "sous" meaning "under", as opposed to "sur" meaning "above" or "on top of"), by looking back at those who are doing surveillance as well as more generally looking back at those who are in positions of authority. In other words, those who have the power to covertly observe others (surveillance) should themselves be watched (sousveillance) so as to discourage abuse of that power and thereby promote transparency.
- police sousveillance: sousveillance of police activity
Conservapedia:no article as of 2014-03-03 dKosopedia: no article as of 2014-03-03 SourceWatch: no article as of 2014-03-03
- WearCam.org: lots of information on sousveillance and other things, sometimes related
- safer streets via webcams
- teenager records racist swearing of arresting cop on cell phone
- EyeTap Personal Imaging Lab