The Tea Party (TP) is a movement which appeared in the United States in 2009. Sources seem to agree that their stance is primarily one in support of fiscal responsibility, but this is belied by their actions (e.g. opposing Obamacare, which is projected to save billions of dollars).
dKosopedia: no information as of 2010-04-16
These sites claim to officially represent the Tea Party in some capacity, although it is unclear whether the party has any official existence to represent:
- ReTeaParty: The "principles" menu item leads to a message saying "The page you were looking for was not found."
- Tea Party Patriots "Official Home of the American Tea Party Movement" "A community committed to standing together, shoulder to shoulder, to protect our country and the Constitution upon which we were founded!"
- Front page is plastered with invitations to sign a petition to "Repeal The Bill", but nowhere does it seem to actually state which bill they want to repeal. Presumably it is the Obamacare bill, but there are other bills it might be referring to.
- Forum/blog topics seem to focus on gun rights and repealing Obamacare
- Actual content is not accessible without logging in
- Tea Party Patriots "Official Grassroots American Movement" and "Official Headquarters for Tax Day Tea Party 2010"
- Were you at a TEA Party?: gives a few position points ascribed to the TP, which the site seems to be in support of. Describes TP as "A purely grass roots movement", which is of course what the media want us to believe; site implies that the media are working against the Tea Party.
- 2010-04-14 The Tea Party Prank: How I Got My Butt Kicked (Literally), Just a Few Feet Away From Sarah Palin
- 2014/04/09 [L..T] [[2014/04/09/Tea Party Republicans Publish Op-Ed Slamming Obamacare|]]
- 2010/04/18 [L..T] Right-wing radio host calls tea parties 'the Sarah Palin movement' «As right-wing radio host Matt Walsh learned recently, if you challenge mob mentality, you get the mob itself. In this case, if you trash Sarah Palin in front of her biggest fans, you might just get called an "infiltrator" and booed off stage.»