to be checked
In June, at the North Carolina Republican Party convention Donald Trump endorsed Ted Budd, a far-right member of Congress for North Carolina's open U.S. Senate seat.
Ted Budd, a Freedom Caucus member, is a far-right extremist who voted to overturn the 2020 presidential election results while proudly promoting Trump's election fraud conspiracy theories.
Budd even voted against critical pandemic relief funds for North Carolinians in need, then turned around and took out $10 million PPP loan for himself.
RationalWiki SourceWatch: no page as of 2021-10-15, but search finds several references
- NC Democratic Party: This Budd's Not for You
news (to file)
- 2022-09-14 New Website Details Senate Candidate Budd's Corruption «Mitch McConnell's Senate Leadership Fund is dumping $3.4 million into North Carolina's U.S. Senate race between candidates Cheri Beasley and Ted Budd. Donald Trump is appearing at a rally with Budd in Wilmington next week. And Budd is co-sponsoring the U.S. House version of Sen. Lindsey Graham's depraved abortion ban.»
- 2022-08-19 GOP Senate nominee Ted Budd sided with banks as they poured money into his campaigns
- 2021-08-30 $Trump’s pick in a key Senate race touts his agriculture ties. He doesn’t mention his role in a bankruptcy that cost farmers millions.
- 2017-07-05 $Taking Wall Street’s Side, Young Congressman Infuriates Allies