Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is for listing known think-tank organizations.
- Brookings Institution [W]: "Brookings describes itself as independent and non-partisan. A 2011 study examining think tank employee donations from 2003 to 2010 showed that 97.6% of Brookings's employees' political donations went to Democrats and described the think tank as "liberal." Yet, a 2005 academic study concluded it was centrist in that it was referenced as an authority almost equally by both conservative and liberal politicians in congressional records from 1993 to 2002."
- New America Foundation [W]: "public policy institute and think tank focusing on a wide range of issues, including national security studies, technology, asset building, health, energy, education, and the economy" Chair of Board of Directors is Google's Eric Schmidt.
- Analyst Institute (web site): "a clearinghouse for evidence-based best practices in progressive voter contact."
- Center for American Progress [W]
- Institute for Policy Studies (left of center)
- Nation Institute (web site)
Free-Market / Libertarian
- Rockridge Institute [W]: think tank founded in 1997 and located in Berkeley, California from 2003 until April 30, 2008; "non-profit research and progressive" according to Wikipedia, but "non-profit, non-partisan" and progressive according to at least one editorial
- 2012-06-01 Think Tank Spectrum Revisited: Conservatives gain within still-narrow spectrum
- 1998-09-01 Heritage Clones in the Heartland "Local think tanks' "research" comes pre-digested"