Its main function is to create bills which become federal law if the President signs them, though it has other purposes as well.
The US government is divided into three main parts: Congress is the legislative branch, with the other two being the executive (the Presidential administration, a.k.a. The White House) and the judicial.
- 115th US Congress: 2016-2017, Trump-Pence administration (mostly)
- 114th US Congress: 2015-2016, Obama-Biden administration
- 113th US Congress: 2013-2014, Obama-Biden administration
- 112th US Congress: 2011-2012, Obama-Biden administration
- 111th US Congress: 2009-2010, Obama-Biden administration
- 110th US Congress: 2006-2008, Bush-Cheney administration (mostly)
- 109th US Congress
- 108th US Congress
SourceWatch: no article on Congress in general (as of 2009-09-02); articles on specific sessions. sourcewatch:Congress currently redirects to an outdated article about the 110th.
- 2014-05-16 [L..T] Miami Will Be Underwater Before the Senate Acts on Climate Change
- 2013-10-17 [L..T] [[2013/10/17/Chain email says Nancy Pelosi will earn $803,700 Dollars a year for LIFE|]]
- MAPLight.org: project devoted to tracing the influence of money in politics; covers US Congress, but seems to be trying to expand into more local government as resources permit