2022 Durham NC school board election
Five registered Republicans are challenging three Democratic incumbents and one unaffiliated member; a fifth board member is not seeking reelection.
main article: BBBS
This year's school board election in Durham, as in other areas in the US, has been targeted for takeover by GOP-funded anti-education, anti-democratic interests who have put forward a slate of far-right candidates under the slogan "Better Board, Better Schools".
- Durham Association of Educators: Emily Chávez, Bettina Umstead, Matt Sears, Natalie Beyer, Millicent Rogers
- Kids Voting Durham 2022 School Board Election Guide
- 2022-04-27 IndyWeek: 2022 Primary Endorsements: Durham County: Emily Chávez, Bettina Umstead, Matt Sears, Natalie Beyer, Millicent Rogers
- 2022-04-01 Rev-elution Election Endorsements: Durham County Board of Education
Dialogue with Candidates
- 2022-04-25 IMA, April 2022 (video, 2h06m15s): forum with school board candidates, hosted by St. Joseph AME
News (to file)
- IW: Durham School Board Candidate Says Two Influential Political Groups Have Been Infiltrated By Marxists: as if Marxism was shameful somehow? So much for the free exchange of ideas.