- Conservapedia "...is strongly endorsed by all major conservative politicians in recent decades, and was expanded by presidents George W. Bush and Dwight D. Eisenhower, and put on a stable financial basis by Ronald Reagan."
- SourceWatch-emerged as deficit scolds see the financial crisis as an opportunity to weaken the program by proposing deep cuts in benefits and raising the retirement age."
- Social Security Online: the official web site of the US Social Security Administration
- 2011-07-13 [L..T] What Happened to the $2.6 Trillion Social Security Trust Fund? "I cannot guarantee that those checks [he included veterans and the disabled, in addition to Social Security] go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it." "...either Obama and Geithner are lying to us now, or they and all defenders of the Social Security status quo have been lying to us for decades. It must be one or the other."
- 2004-12-31 [L..T] A Big Push On Social Security "President Bush's political allies are raising millions of dollars for an election-style campaign to promote private Social Security accounts, as Democrats and Republicans prepare for what they predict will be the most expensive and extensive public policy debate since the 1993 fight over the Clinton administration's failed health care plan."