Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a portal page for collecting issues and information about the armed forces of the United States.
This page is a seed article. You can help Issuepedia water it: make a request to expand a given page and/or donate to help give us more writing-hours!
- US military readiness has plummeted in recent years, largely because of overcommitment to the US invasion of Iraq
- US military spending has been steadily declining since World War II (as a percentage of both GDP and DS) with neither political party being notably more responsible than the other.
- Religious control of the US military
- Privatization of the US military
- US military policy (to be created)
- The Powell Doctrine was Colin Powell's informal Gulf War policy defining conditions under which military action might be acceptable
- The Weinberger Doctrine was the previous policy, set forth by Caspar Weinberger on 1984-11-28, upon which the Powell Doctrine was based
Conservapediano corresponding article; see conservapedia:Category:Military (as of 2008-02-11)
SourceWatchno corresponding article; see search (as of 2008-02-11)
- redirect template:links/smw
News & Views
- 2007-10-18 New U.S. naval strategy: Preventing wars: "In the first major revision of U.S. naval strategy in 25 years, maritime officials said Wednesday they plan to focus more on humanitarian missions and improving international cooperation as a way to prevent conflicts. .. "We believe that preventing wars is as important as winning wars," said the new strategy announced by the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard." Is this the non-evangelized branches of the military taking a carefully calculated step towards halting Bush madness, specifically the potential US invasion of Iran and possible attempts to turn the US into a police state?
- 2007-09-30 A pragamatic admiral takes the helm as the US military's top officer: "Admiral Michael Mullen, former chief of US naval operations, takes over as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Monday from Marine Corps General Peter Pace at a ceremony at a Civil War-era fort overlooking the Potomac River."
- 2007-08-13 US and UK Defence - To be one Market?: "President Bush and Prime Minister Blair have today signed a Defense Trade Cooperation Treaty which will further strengthen and deepen the effort between our respective defense establishments to achieve fully interoperable forces, and to leverage the strength of our defense industries in direct support of our armed forces."