- ObamaCare Facts: "dispelling the myths"
- Penalty Shot: about the opt-out penalty
- 2011-01-21 A judge's letter on health care and an email gone viral
- 2009-08-28 Twenty-six Lies About H.R. 3200
- 2014-04-21 [L..T] Kansas Governor Ensures His State Won’t Expand Medicaid Anytime Soon "On Friday, Brownback signed House Bill 2552, which removes his authority to accept Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion and requires the legislature to approve the policy. Since lawmakers have already concluded their session for the year, that means the state won’t be able to move on Medicaid expansion in 2014. And even if a Democratic governor is elected in the fall, the Republicans in the legislature could continue to block expansion."
- 2014-04-14 [L..T] CBO: Affordable Care Act getting even more affordable "The report found that coverage is likely to cost less thanks to premiums being lower than expected through the exchange marketplaces. In other words, take pretty much everything you’ve heard from congressional Republicans lately and believe the opposite. [..] And as part of the same review, of course, the CBO added that the Affordable Care Act will also continue to reduce the federal budget deficit, which is also the opposite of critics’ claims."
- 2014-04-11 [L..T] Dems run on, not from, the ACA "The conventional wisdom on the politics of health care is so widely accepted, it usually goes unchallenged. Democrats – especially vulnerable, red-state Democrats – will be desperate to avoid the Affordable Care Act this election year, eager to talk about anything but the health care law."
- 2014-04-09 [L..T] Koch Brothers Received Millions In Obamacare Subsidies "Charles and David Koch may have spent millions of dollars opposing President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, but that didn’t stop them from benefiting from the law. The Associated Press reported on Tuesday that Koch Industries received $1.4 million in subsidies from a $5 billion program established by the Affordable Care Act to help employers and states maintain coverage for individuals 55 and older who are not yet eligible for Medicare."
- 2014-04-09 [L..T] Tea Party Republicans Publish Op/Ed Slamming Obamacare; Shocker, It’s Filled With Lies "With a non-stop geyser of news hitting digital media every day, a lot of material tends to slip through the cracks. For example, we somehow missed an op/ed from several days ago that’s packed wall-to-wall with lies and misinformation about Obamacare. Naturally, it was co-authored by a prominent tea party Republican along with a senatorial candidate from Nebraska, and published in the very dubious Washington Examiner."
- 2014-04-08 [L..T] Survey Estimates Net Gain of 9.3 Million American Adults with Health Insurance "Using a survey fielded by the RAND American Life Panel, we estimate a net gain of 9.3 million in the number of American adults with health insurance coverage from September 2013 to mid-March 2014."
- 2014-04-08 [L..T] Maddow: Obamacare ‘Armageddon’ for Republicans in November Midterms (Video) "MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow investigates this swing of public support in favor of Obamacare, and describes a political scene where the Affordable Care Act’s success converts into a literal Armageddon for the conservative party – and not just temporarily."
- 2014-03-31 [L..T] Obamacare fails to collapse. Time to move on, folks. "...we should mark this day, because barring some kind of unforeseen catastrophe, it’s the last time the ACA will be the lead story everywhere in the media."
- 2014-03-30 [L..T] Obamacare has led to health coverage for millions more people "At least 9.5 million previously uninsured people have gotten health insurance since Obamacare started, surveys and reports show."
- 2014-03-26 [L..T] Poll: Keep Obamacare, fix it, and shut up about it! "Enough already with talking about Obamacare, 53 percent of America (and 47 percent of Republicans!) says. Keep it, fix it and move on to other things, says 60 percent. That's according to the Kaiser Family Foundation poll for March."
- 2014-03-25 [L..T] Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. "Issue: Whether the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 (RFRA), 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000bb et seq., which provides that the government “shall not substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion” unless that burden is the least restrictive means to further a compelling governmental interest, allows a for-profit corporation to deny its employees the health coverage of contraceptives to which the employees are otherwise entitled by federal law, based on the religious objections of the corporation’s owners."
- 2014-03-12 [L..T] Americans Stick With Obamacare as Opposition Burns Bright President Barack Obama’s health-care law is becoming more entrenched, with 64 percent of Americans now supporting it outright or backing small changes.
- 2014-03-11 [L..T] A Major Victory for Obama: House Republicans Introduce 3 Bills That Improve Obamacare In what is a major victory for the president, House Republicans will vote on three bills next week that correct small issues and unintended consequences in the ACA.
- 2014-03-08 [L..T] Republicans Must Make A Choice About Obamacare: Repeal Or Relent The number of uninsured Americans has dropped by three to four million since Obamacare coverage took effect Jan. 1, according to a new Gallup survey. How much of the drop can be precisely attributed to the health care law is a matter of debate, though there are signs that enrollment among the uninsured is picking up.
- 2014-03-08 [L..T] Republicans Want to Replace Obamacare With...Obamacare-Lite? Ever since Barack Obama signed the Affordable Care Act on March 23, 2010, the Republicans in Congress have tried to repeal it. This week's vote was their 50th attempt.
- 2014-03-07 [L..T] Yet another ACA ‘horror story’ draws scrutiny "After all the recent troubles conservatives have had with “Obamacare victims” in attack ads that turned out to be wrong, the Koch-financed Americans for Prosperity wouldn’t push its luck with another dubious commercial, would it?"
- 2014-02-23 [L..T] Symposium: How to understand Hobby Lobby "It is hard to recall a Supreme Court case that has been so commonly misunderstood, in so many respects, as the “contraception coverage” cases that the Court will consider on March 25, Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. and Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Sebelius."
- 2012-09-09 [L..T] Hobby Lobby v. Sebelius "This is a challenge to regulations issued under the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that would force religiously-motivated business owners like Plaintiffs to violate their faith under threat of millions of dollars in fines."
 version 2
- 2009-11-04 [Talk|Index] The Public Option Fight Continues – But How Exactly Does Reform Work? § “The basic theme of health care reform is that insurance would be mandatory, subsidized and regulated.” - an overview of the bills currently being reconciled
- 2009-08-15 [Talk|Index] Why We Need Health Care Reform § “Our nation is now engaged in a great debate about the future of health care in America. And over the past few weeks, much of the media attention has been focused on the loudest voices. What we haven’t heard are the voices of the millions upon millions of Americans who quietly struggle every day with a system that often works better for the health-insurance companies than it does for them.”
- 2009-08-11 [Talk|Index] The Whole Foods Alternative to ObamaCare § “While we clearly need health-care reform, the last thing our country needs is a massive new health-care entitlement that will create hundreds of billions of dollars of new unfunded deficits and move us much closer to a government takeover of our health-care system.”
- 2009-07-15 [Talk|Index] A face of the uninsured, a state of denial § “A proponent himself of single-payer when he was but an Illinois legislator, Obama now counsels that the way to achieve universal coverage is by reforming – or "building on" – the private insurance system while bolstering the public insurance sector.”
 to file
- 2012-12-18 Aetna CEO Bertolini: Get Ready for 'Rate Shock' as Some Health Insurance Premiums to Double in 2014 by Avik Roy
- 2013-01-07 Obamacare Guarantees Higher Health Insurance Premiums -- $3,000+ Higher by Sally Pipes
- 2013-02-09 State lacks doctors to meet demand of national healthcare law
- 2013-02-13 Drop Coverage or Cut Hours? Big Companies Grapple With Obamacare "For large retail and restaurant chains the big unknown in the year ahead is how much more they'll pay for health coverage. Employers with 50 or more workers who put in 30 hours a week will be required to provide health care coverage or pay a fine..."
- 2013-03-26/SOA ACA-Driven Changes in Individual Market Composition Could Lead to 32 Percent Average Increase in Cost; Wide Variability among States: the SoA "predicts that expected changes in member composition of the individual health care market could drive up underlying claims costs by an average of 32 percent nationally by 2017"
- 2013-03-26 Health insurance rates to double as Obamacare fully kicks in: this site seems to be a woo-peddler
- 2013-03-27 Obamacare not so ‘Affordable,’ study finds by M.D. Kittle: report on 2013-03-26/SOA. (This was the only link I was able to find to that report in nearly an hour of searching.)
- 2013-04-23 PPACA’s Impact on Affordability refers to 2013-03-26/SOA
- 2013-05-14 Who will pay more under Obamacare? Young men
- 2013-05-23 California Obamacare premiums: No ‘rate shock’ here by Ezra Klein
- Unexpected Health Insurance Rate Shock-California Obamacare Insurance Exchange Announces Premium Rates by Rick Ungar "The jolt that I was experiencing was not the result of the predicted out-of-control premium costs but the shock of rates far lower than what I expected – even at the lowest end of the age scale."
- California Will Be Spared the Obamacare Apocalypse No sticker shock here—just affordable insurance premiums by Jonathan Cohn
- 2013-05-26 The Obamacare Shock by Paul Krugman
- 2013-05-28 California's health-care exchange: Proof ObamaCare works? by Keith Wagstaff
- 2013-05-30/F Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums By 64-146% by Avik Roy
- 2013-05-30 Obamacare drives up insurance premiums by up to 146 percent in California: promotes 2013-05-30/F
- 2013-06-01/WP The shocking truth about Obamacare’s rate shock by Ezra Klein criticizes 2013-05-30/F
- discussion: Tau-Mu Yi, Woozle, and others
- Forbes Fight responds to 2013-05-30/F: "Avik Roy wrote an extremely misleading article on Obamacare in California. [...] Basically Roy compared Obamacare exchange rates (without subsidies) to the teaser rate from a web site which has received many extremely unamusing negative reviews for baiting and switching."
- We Are Not Having A Serious Discussion, Obamacare Edition by Paul Krugman responds to 2013-05-30/F: "Roy claims that Obamacare will cause soaring insurance rates, using a comparison that is completely fraudulent — and I say fraudulent, not wrong, because he is indeed enough of a policy wonk here to know that he is pulling a fast one." He also says that Ezra Klein tries too hard to keep his temper in 2013-06-01/WP.
- 2013-06-02 Forbes Tells The Truth, Then Lies About Obamacare by karoli responds to 2013-05-30/F in a bulleted list
- 2013-06-04 Will ObamaCare double your health insurance premiums? by Peter Weber
- 2013-06-05/NR Un-rigging the Rate-Shock Debate The truth about what those healthy 25-year-olds will pay by Jonathan Cohn
- 2013-06-05 Higher Health Insurance Premiums: The Obamacare Debate We Didn’t Have by Peter Suderman "that still leaves roughly three quarters of the market who will see far higher rates." -- not clear at all how he figures this.
- 2013-06-06/ODI Health Insurance Costs to Increase Significantly Under Affordable Care Act
- Obamacare Insurance Exchanges Creating Roadblocks To Enrollment While Wasting Millions In Taxpayer Money? by Rick Ungar: responds to 2013-05-30/F, but brings up a new criticism
- Debunking The Myths of Obamacare Rate Shock: discussion of 2013-06-05/NR
- Ohio Dept. Of Insurance: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Health Premiums By 88 Percent by Avik Roy - reporting on 2013-06-06/ODI
- Obamacare costs soaring in recent rate checks by M.D. Kittle: reporting on 2013-06-06/ODI
- 2013-06-22 Even With Obamacare, Health Inflation Falls To Historic Lows ...although some people will still see their premiums go up
- 2013-10-24 Original 1989 document where Heritage Foundation created Obamacare’s individual mandate
- 2013-11-12 Is the ACA the GOP health care plan from 1993? "The bill she had in mind did have a strong roster of Republicans behind it, and it did share many major features with the Affordable Care Act. There were some significant differences but in a side-by-side comparison, the similarities dominate. [..] However, to call it the Republican plan, as though a majority of Republicans endorsed it, goes too far."
- 2013-12-06 The ACA v. the Heritage Plan: A Comparison in Chart Form: argues that Obamacare and the Heritage healthcare plan have only one thing in common: an insurance requirement. This is clearly wrong in at least one regard: they both specify an individual mandate, the very feature most objected to by the GOP and other opponents of Obamacare.
- 2014-02-14 New GOP health-care plan is a starting point for a conversation, not a replacement