- link: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/15/opinion/15krugman.html
- title: headline::Getting to Crazy
- author: Paul Krugman
- date: 2011-07-14
- source: New York Times
- topics: US/budget deficit US Republican Party
- summary: The insanity of the GOP, which many people are finally just noticing, has been building gradually for a long time.
- lead paragraph: There aren't many positive aspects to the looming possibility of a U.S. debt default. But there has been, I have to admit, an element of comic relief – of the black-humor variety – in the spectacle of so many people who have been in denial suddenly waking up and smelling the crazy.