New York Times
Many US conservatives, especially those tending to the extreme (e.g. DiPippo and Horowitz), seem to have a grudge against the NYT, possibly because of its "traitorous" 2006 publication of photos and addresses of the vacation homes of Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld; Rocco DiPippo retaliated by publishing similar information about the NYT's editor Arthur Sulzburger  and photographer Linda Spillers, who (with Rumsfeld's permission) took the photo of Rumsfeld's vacation home. The argument is apparently: (1) we are at war (the War on Terror); (2) providing such information in public is therefore providing aid and comfort to the enemy, (3) which is treason, (4) which is a crime punishable by death. See Conservative pundits reveal murderous plot by the Travel Section of the NYT!. (wasn't the article in question sort of a better-homes-and-gardens piece? in which case it sounds like they were more looking for an excuse to attack the NYT than they were genuinely outraged. --Woozle 08:50, 27 March 2008 (EDT))
- /articles: relevant articles published by the NYT
- 2014-05-15 [L..T] Jill Abramson and the Mainstreaming of Feminism in American Media
- 2014-03-07 [L..T] Venezuela, Journalistic Malpractice, and the 'Paper of Record' "NYT violates standards of basic economics and journalistic procedures in reporting on Venezuela inflation"
- 2013-04-24 [L..T] Jill Abramson and the wholly sexist narrative of the woman in power "The New York Times newsroom is unhappy because its editor is not very nice. Allegedly. This startling revelation comes from a piece posted on Politico yesterday that instantly lost the internet but gained fans at the NYT."
- 2007-12-31 [L..T] Liberals Against Diversity “The New York Times op-ed page is trying to go from bad to diverse. The page has hired William Kristol, editor of The Weekly Standard, as a weekly columnist, starting next Monday. The Politico reports that word of the hiring "caused a frenzy in the liberal blogosphere Friday night, with threats of canceling subscriptions and claims that the Gray Lady had been hijacked by neo-cons"”
- 2005-07-08 [L..T] headline::Root, Root, Root for the Bomb Team “That's right, the Times is complaining that "wealthy nations have not done enough about the root causes of terrorism"!”