William Kristol is famous for his 2003 prediction that the US-Iraq War would last two months (perhaps this was the reason Bush felt it necessary to publicly declare victory two months later, despite ongoing hostilities) along with many other failed political predictions.
- 2014-04-24 [L..T] In 2014, it's like deja vu all over again "Bill Kristol, the Republican National Committee, and conservatives everywhere instead dug into the internals to declare the poll is... skewed. It's as if 2012 has already escaped their memories."
- 2013-06-10 [L..T] How Does He Keep Getting A Platform? Bill Kristol's History Of Terrible Predictions And Bad Advice "Bill Kristol rightly finds the IRS's targeting to be exemplary of abuse, overreaching government. But the NSA? Not really a concern."
- 2007-12-31 [L..T] Liberals Against Diversity “The New York Times op-ed page is trying to go from bad to diverse. The page has hired William Kristol, editor of The Weekly Standard, as a weekly columnist, starting next Monday. The Politico reports that word of the hiring "caused a frenzy in the liberal blogosphere Friday night, with threats of canceling subscriptions and claims that the Gray Lady had been hijacked by neo-cons"”
- 2008-06-30 [Talk|Index] Domination and Protecting the Status Quo - Authoritarians Do Whatever it Takes § “Here are some recent examples of what these authoritarians might do and the tools they will use to get their way. .. Bill Kristol, the son of Irving Kristol, is a good place to start.”
- 2008-06-15 [Talk|Index] Williams Calls Hume and Kristol "Out Of Touch" For Saying McCain's Tax Plan Will Help Working Americans § “Earlier this week, the non-partisan Tax Policy Center released a paper showing that Sen. Barack Obama's (D-IL) tax plan "offers three times the break for middle class families" than the proposals of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), which "would steer the bulk of the benefits to the wealthiest families." On Fox News Sunday this morning, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol called the report "good for McCain"...”
- 2010-07-02 Kristol misrepresents Phoenix crime levels to defend AZ law "On Fox News, Bill Kristol stated that crime along the Arizona border "may be down" but that "a lot of the crime has migrated up to Phoenix." In fact, crime rates in Phoenix and the surrounding metro area have dropped over the past decade and reportedly "plunged" in 2009."
- 2007-10-14 Kristol Is Pushing For 'The Next World War': "On Fox News Sunday, right-wing pundit Bill Kristol continued to beat the war drums for a strike against Iran. 'I hope the administration is willing to do what it takes to back Iran off,' he said, adding that 'we may need to do stuff across the border.'" Includes embedded video.
- 2007-01-02 Bill Kristol: Pundit Superstar
- 1993-12-02 The 1993 Kristol Memo on Defeating Health Care Reform (reposted 2013-09-24): Kristol lies repeatedly about the Clinton health plan, predicts that universal healthcare will destroy "the family doctor" (the system he supported ultimately did that), and argues that the plan must be defeated because "It will relegitimize middle-class dependence for "security" on government spending and regulation". People will get used to universal healthcare, and they won't want to go back -- and it will prove that Republican ideology is wrong -- so we have to stop it.