- 1953 - 1953 Iranian coup d'état: The administration of Dwight D. Eisenhower in the United States and Britain removed the democratically-elected government of Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh and his cabinet from power, and replaced it with a monarchy. The coup was carried out in a covert operation by Britain and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), codenamed Operation Ajax. The coup installed Mohammad Reza Pahlavi in power in an attempt to preserve Western control of Iran's oil infrastructure.
- Operation Ajax at 9-11 Review
|format=template |template=smw/show/link |link=none |?when posted#ISO |?title |?summary |?URL }}
<exec module=filed-links func=Links_forTopic email@example.com /> [refresh]
- 2007-08-13 Iran authorities lash man for having bible in car - report
- 2007-07-12 Kucinich Iran stance outrages Ohio Jewish leaders: "Dennis Kucinich, the colorful Cleveland congressman and longshot presidential candidate, has outraged Jewish leaders in Northeast Ohio by insisting that Iran's anti-Zionist leader is not seeking to exterminate Israel."
- 2007-03-08 Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Iran: "On March 15, 1995, by Executive Order 12957, the President declared a national emergency with respect to Iran pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States constituted by the actions and policies of the Government of Iran. ... Because the actions and policies of the Government of Iran continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States, the national emergency declared on March 15, 1995, must continue in effect beyond March 15, 2007."
- 2007-03-24 Iran Reading List at World Affairs Board Military, Defense, and Political Forum