- link: http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/07/2011723135619293955.html
- date: 23 Jul 2011 14:52
- title: headline::Norway, Islam and the threat of the West
- Dismissing this murderous act as the work of "a lone madman" ignores a more detailed study of the killer's motivation.
- source: AlJazeera
- summary: Interestingly, this criminal is described by one unnamed Norwegian official as a "madman". He may well be, but this is one way that the motivations for heinous crimes can be airbrushed out of the story before they have the chance to take hold in the popular imagination.
- author: Ibrahim Hewitt
- topics: 2011 Norway attacks anti-Islam mainstream media conspiracy theory lone killer