2011 Norway attacks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2011-07-23T17:30:00 [L..T] headline::Anders Behring Breivik: profile of a mass murderer
- 2011-07-23T16:46:00 [L..T] Something rotten in the state of Norway The media initially attributed the event -- with some evidence -- to Muslim extremists, then rapidly backed off from that conclusion when the "blond Nordic-looking" suspect was identified. This is one of several parallels with the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, and there are reasons to believe that there was a Muslim-extremist connection in that event as well.
- 2011-07-23T14:52:00 [L..T] headline::Norway, Islam and the threat of the West Interestingly, this criminal is described by one unnamed Norwegian official as a "madman". He may well be, but this is one way that the motivations for heinous crimes can be airbrushed out of the story before they have the chance to take hold in the popular imagination.
- 2011-07-23T14:44:00 [L..T] Right-Wing Pundits Jumped To Blame Muslims And "Jihadists" For Norway Attacks quote::...some pundits, mostly right-wing neoconservatives, proclaimed that this bore all the hallmarks of Islamic terrorism, even going so far as to draw policy prescriptions. At the Washington Post, normally a well-respected news outlet, Jennifer Rubin quoted the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies' Thomas Joscelyn and AEI scholar Gary Schmitt to say that the attacks were the result of Islamic terrorism. She then concluded the "jihadist" attack on Oslo means the U.S. shouldn't cut military spending...
- 2011-07-22T23:33:00 [L..T] Suspect In Custody For Norwegian Terror Attacks Allegedly An Anti-Islam Right-Wing Extremist