dKosopedia: no equivalent page as of 2010-01-24; see search
- HTYP: technical/customer notes
- 2014-06-01 [L..T] Facebook Could Decide an Election Without Anyone Ever Finding Out
- 2014-05-07 [L..T] Huge coalition led by Amazon, Microsoft, and others take a stand against FCC on net neutrality "A sizable coalition of technology companies has today taken a stand in favor of net neutrality in the form of a letter to the Federal Communications Commission. The group, led by giants including Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Twitter, and Yahoo, challenges a proposal the FCC is considering that threatens net neutrality."
- 2014-04-30 [L..T] Facebook Is Throttling Nonprofits and Activists "So far coverage of Facebook's plan to squeeze the organic reach of Pages has focused on its impact on "brands" that spam us with ads and promotions. But nonprofits, activists, and advocacy groups with much fewer resources (and no ad budgets) are also being hugely affected. It's starting to look like Facebook is willing to strangle public discourse on the platform in an attempt to wring out a few extra dollars for its new shareholders."
- 2011-07-29 [L..T] A Case for Pseudonyms
- 2011-07-16 [L..T] The Google+ Controversy & Virtual Worlds – A Question Of Identity excerpt::The avalanche of news last weekend was triggered by the story that Opensource Obscure, a Second Life resident from Italy, had his profile suspended by Google+ because his name "violated community standards." This was followed by reports of the accounts of Second Life users being culled, much in the same fashion as had happened at Facebook weeks ago.
- 2011-07-12T19:30:00 [L..T] Friends in Revolution
- 2011-07-12T17:42:00 [L..T] Overthrowing Apple: The Web Leads To Freedom
- 2009-07-27 [L..T] Chris Mooney is Not My Friend Anymore “It was not until a Boston Globe article in which Mooney and Kirshenbaum place the blame and responsibility squarely on the shoulders of scientists that the camel's back broke.”