Jump to navigation Jump to search
Twitter is a large for-profit centralized proprietary social network venue. It was among the first wave of major social media sites. It was recently purchased by multibillionaire Elon Musk.
- Conservapedia [was purchased by Musk] «after years of liberal censorship by Leftists in San Francisco (see below). Musk immediately fired its top management, and is expected to fire much of its liberal workforce too. Musk suspects he was lied to by underestimates of sham accounts, but a lawsuit by Never-Trumpers in a hostile court forced Musk to buy Twitter.»
- RationalWiki: as of 2022-10-30, redirects to Social media platforms#Twitter
- 2014/05/20 [L..T] Spain Is Going Orwellian Over Mean Twitter Comments
- 2014/05/07 [L..T] Huge coalition led by Amazon, Microsoft, and others take a stand against FCC on net neutrality "A sizable coalition of technology companies has today taken a stand in favor of net neutrality in the form of a letter to the Federal Communications Commission. The group, led by giants including Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Twitter, and Yahoo, challenges a proposal the FCC is considering that threatens net neutrality."
- 2014/03/22 [L..T] Turkey reportedly cuts off Twitter backdoor by blocking Google DNS "Turkey has reportedly blocked Google DNS inside its borders, eliminating a backdoor that briefly helped Turks stay connected to Twitter after the country banned access."