American Enterprise Institute
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wikipedia: "conservative think-tank"
- Conservapedia: "nonpartisan think-tank"
- dKosopedia: "pro-business think-tank"
- SourceWatch: "pro-business, conservative think tank"
- RationalWiki: "the more "mature," less "nutty," older brother to other conservative think tanks like CEI or Cato."
- 2011-07-23T14:44:00 [L..T] Right-Wing Pundits Jumped To Blame Muslims And "Jihadists" For Norway Attacks quote::...some pundits, mostly right-wing neoconservatives, proclaimed that this bore all the hallmarks of Islamic terrorism, even going so far as to draw policy prescriptions. At the Washington Post, normally a well-respected news outlet, Jennifer Rubin quoted the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies' Thomas Joscelyn and AEI scholar Gary Schmitt to say that the attacks were the result of Islamic terrorism. She then concluded the "jihadist" attack on Oslo means the U.S. shouldn't cut military spending...
- 2013-10-30 Time for the American right to declare peace on the US welfare state: " As currently structured, the US safety net is financially unsustainable and retards economic growth too much, promotes dependency over work, and discourages family formation. If there are any limits on the welfare state's expansion, the left only speaks of them sotto voce if at all. But the welfare state needs thoughtful and thorough reform. And that doesn't mean just slapping arbitrary spending caps on federal programs and block granting them back to the states. Rather, it means restructuring programs so they are both better targeted towards those who truly need help and give a lift to those trying to get on or stay on the ladder of economic opportunity. Oh, and making programs affordable. We cannot redistribute more wealth than we create, after all."