Jump to navigation Jump to search
- link: https://archive.thinkprogress.org/right-wing-pundits-jumped-to-blame-muslims-and-jihadists-for-norway-attacks-a2c38efe46d/
- title: Right-Wing Pundits Jumped To Blame Muslims And "Jihadists" For Norway Attacks
- authors: Ali Gharib and Travis Waldron
- date: Jul 23, 2011 2:44 pm
- summary: quote::...some pundits, mostly right-wing neoconservatives, proclaimed that this bore all the hallmarks of Islamic terrorism, even going so far as to draw policy prescriptions. At the Washington Post, normally a well-respected news outlet, Jennifer Rubin quoted the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies' Thomas Joscelyn and AEI scholar Gary Schmitt to say that the attacks were the result of Islamic terrorism. She then concluded the "jihadist" attack on Oslo means the U.S. shouldn't cut military spending...
- topics: 2011 Norway attacks Washington Post Jennifer Rubin Defense of Democracies American Enterprise Institute US military budget anti-Muslim