Jump to navigation Jump to search
- link: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842
- title: Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report
- summary: sub-headline::Popular Mechanics examines the evidence and consults the experts to refute the most persistent conspiracy theories of September 11.
- when: February 3, 2005 12:00 AM
- source: Popular Mechanics
- topics: 9-11/anomalies/debate
|2011/07/30/1606/link||15 February 2005||Popular Mechanics' Deceptive Smear Against 9/11 Truth|
- 2005-02-15 [L..T] Popular Mechanics' Deceptive Smear Against 9/11 Truth lead paragraph::The March 2005 issue of Popular Mechanics magazine contains a 14-full-page cover article which attacks skepticism about the government and media explanation of the 9/11/01 attack. The primary method of the piece is to build and attack a straw man of myths it claims are "at the root of virtually every 9/11 alternative scenario" embraced by the "growing army of conspiracy theorists." PM selects a combination of 16 valid, erroneous, and inconsequential claims found on websites, implying that they are all endorsed by the "army" of skeptics.