- link: http://911review.com/pm/markup/
- title: Popular Mechanics' Deceptive Smear Against 9/11 Truth
- source: 911review.com
- author: Jim Hoffman
- when: 2005/02/15
- responds to: 2011/07/30/0948/link
- topics: 9-11/anomalies/straw men
- summary: lead paragraph::The March 2005 issue of Popular Mechanics magazine contains a 14-full-page cover article which attacks skepticism about the government and media explanation of the 9/11/01 attack. The primary method of the piece is to build and attack a straw man of myths it claims are "at the root of virtually every 9/11 alternative scenario" embraced by the "growing army of conspiracy theorists." PM selects a combination of 16 valid, erroneous, and inconsequential claims found on websites, implying that they are all endorsed by the "army" of skeptics.