Citizen government refers to the idea that government can be operated, or at least supervised, by ordinary citizens with no special authority self-organized into groups who wield influence largely through the effort they visibly expend towards reaching good decisions.
This idea is still in the formative stages, so further definition will come gradually through informal discussion; see below.
to be written
- United Members of Civilization: an unfinished essay outlining the concept, but started before I came up with the term "citizen government". Has some links at the end which should probably be moved here.
- backup government is an earlier incarnation of this idea, and its contents should probably be renamed and consolidated.
- Talk:2007-05-31 Repudiation, Not Impeachment: We need a way to collectively repudiate actions of the government, so that we can't be "divided and conquered" (individually rounded up as traitors for dissenting, without widespread knowledge that this has happened)
- World Government of World Citizens
- Citizens' Oversight Projects: substantial organizational ideas along similar lines to the Woozle proposal (see "Mission" -- scroll down)
- FreewayBlogger: tips & techniques for posting short messages in the new village commons