Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is a seed article. You can help Issuepedia water it: make a request to expand a given page and/or donate to help give us more writing-hours!
Need to reference Richard Dawkins's Dear Muslima counter-argument and ensuing discussion. A key portion (which apparently was lost when National Geographic migrated ScienceBlogs to the WordPress platform):
Muslim women suffer physically from misogyny, their lives are substantially damaged by religiously inspired misogyny. Not just words, real deeds, painful physical deeds, physical privations, legally sanctioned demeanings. The equivalent would be if PZ had nailed not a cracker but a Catholic. Then they'd have had good reason to complain.
- Wikipedia (as of 2012-08-17, redirects to wikipedia:Rebecca Watson#Elevator incident)
- Conservapedia: their agenda is presumably making atheists and Richard Dawkins look as bad as possible, but this particular page seems pretty factual as of 2012-08-17
- Geek Feminism Wiki
- 2011-06-20 About Mythbusters, Robot Eyes, Feminism, and Jokes: the video which started the whole issue
- 2011-07-22 Update! Plus dating advice: follow-up
- 2012-10-24 It Stands to Reason, Skeptics Can Be Sexist Too by Rebecca Watson
- 2011-09-11 Elevatorgate: a writeup of the events, in some detail
- 2011-07-07 [http://gawker.com/5818993/richard-dawkins-torn-limb-from-limbby-atheists Richard Dawkins Torn Limb From Limb�By Atheists]
- 2011-07-06 Sharing a lift with Richard Dawkins by David Allen Green
- 2011-07-05 The Shitstorm or Sit Down and STFU, Richard Dawkins: a good overview of the controversy up to that point
- 2011-07-03 [http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/07/03/the-decent-human-beings-guide/ The Decent Human Beings� Guide to Getting Laid at Atheist Conferences]
- 2011-06-28 On Naming Names at The CFI Student Leadership Conference: the early phases, in detail