Richard Dawkins is a prominent English scientist and atheist. He holds the position of Charles Simonyi Professor in the Public Understanding of Science at the University of Oxford. He is the originator of the term meme.
- Richard Dawkins participated in the 2007-03-27 IQ2 religion debate
- The Selfish Gene. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 1976. ISBN 0-19-286092-5.
- The Extended Phenotype. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 1982. ISBN 0-19-288051-9.
- The Blind Watchmaker. New York: W. W. Norton & Company. 1986. ISBN 0-393-31570-3.
- River out of Eden. New York: Basic Books. 1995. ISBN 0-465-06990-8.
- Climbing Mount Improbable. New York: W. W. Norton & Company. 1996. ISBN 0-393-31682-3.
- Unweaving the Rainbow. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1998. ISBN 0-618-05673-4.
- A Devil's Chaplain. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 2003. ISBN 0-618-33540-4.
- The Ancestor's Tale. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 2004. ISBN 0-618-00583-8.
- The God Delusion. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 2006. ISBN 0-618-68000-4.
- The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution. Free Press (United States), Transworld (United Kingdom and Commonwealth). 2009. ISBN 0-593-06173-X.
dKosopedia: no equivalent page (as of 2008-08-30) SourceWatch: no equivalent page (as of 2008-08-30)
- official web site
- 2006-11-05 [Talk|Index] ''Time'' bobbles the God and science debate § “Gah, what crap. Revelation is irrational and unreasonable. You can't do science, collect data, and then decide, "Well, God has revealed to me that the correct answer is 2 grams heavier". .. That's precisely what Collins wants to do, and he admits it: he wants to add in anti-scientific beliefs and pretend he is still talking about science.”
- 2004: Gerin Oil (with translation into Swedish): religion as an addiction
- Good And Bad Reasons For Believing
- 2006-10-13 The flying spaghetti monster: "In a heated interview, the famous biologist insists that religion is evil and God might as well be a children's fantasy."
- 2005-04-30 The atheist: "Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins explains why God is a delusion, religion is a virus, and America has slipped back into the Dark Ages."
- "Root of All Evil?" (title listed as The God Delusion, but that's probably just to get more hits; it actually predates TGD): UK Channel 4 documentary, filmed in Colorado Springs and Israel, showing the innate destructiveness of religion and contrasting with science
|Dawkins said, of the title "Root of All Evil?":|
From the start, I didn't like the title. Religion is not the root of all evil, for no one thing is the root of all anything. But I was delighted with the advertisement that Channel Four put in the national newspapers. It was a picture of the Manhattan skyline with the caption "Imagine a world without religion." What was the connection? The twin towers of the World Trade Center were conspicuously present.
|from "The God Delusion", page 1|