|Global Warming portal|
It is often a polite term for global warming denial, as many supposendly "skeptical" anti-GW groups are not actually interested in honest inquiry, though it is possible that some of them are. Until the nature of their position becomes clear, any particular anti-AGW individual or group should be referred to as a "skeptic" rather than a "denialist".
Climate scientists who are both skeptical of global warming and taken seriously by mainstream climate scientists include:
- John Christy [W] – argues that catastrophic fears are overblown, but not that global warming doesn't exist or can't be anthropogenic
- Richard Lindzen
- Roy Spencer
to be evaluated
- Bjorn Lomborg
- Don Easterbrook [W]
- Garth Paltridge [W]
- John Coleman [W]
- Judith Curry
- Murry Salby [W]
- Stephen McIntyre [W]
- Nicola Scafetta: a genuine scientist, but his climate models are not replicable and he has declined to release the code he used to produce his results
- 2014-10-09 [L..T] The Global Warming Statistical Meltdown "A growing body of evidence suggests that the climate is less sensitive to increases in carbon-dioxide emissions than policy makers generally assume..."
- 2014-05-06 [L..T] The top ten global warming 'skeptic' arguments answered "...as one of those rare contrarian climate scientists, Spencer is in a good position to present the best arguments against the global warming consensus. Conveniently, he recently did just that on his blog, listing what he considers the "Top Ten Good Skeptical Arguments," throwing in an 11th for good measure. He also conveniently posed each of these arguments as questions; it turns out they're all easy to answer."
- 2012-07-30 [L..T] The Conversion of a Climate-Change Skeptic